CHASE DOWN NEW RECORDS
This GPS running watch is made for runners and triathletes like you who need detailed training stats and on-device workouts plus smartwatch functions.
- Swim, bike, run, tri — do it all with preloaded activity profiles.
- Obsessed with stats? This watch is too. Get VO2 max, training load and more at your fingertips.
- Get daily workout suggestions just for you, based on your recent training.
- The right tunes are essential. Sync your favorite music right to your watch.
- Have enough juice for any race. Get up to 6 hours in GPS mode with music.
DESIGNED FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT
Forerunner 745 is made to go where your sport takes you. It’s built to hold up to 200 sweaty runs, bumpy bike rides and long swims.
DURABLE YET WEARABLE
Comfortable for training, racing and for everyday life, Forerunner 745 is our smallest and lightest full-featured running and triathlon smartwatch.
DAILY WORKOUT SUGGESTIONS
For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS
Get built-in activity profiles for running, cycling, triathlon, pool and open water swimming, track running and more. For races and brick workouts, switch sports with just one button press.
Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. This metric even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
This specialized tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
While you run, Forerunner 745 analyzes pace, heart rate1 and heart rate variability for a real-time assessment of your current ability to perform.
This stat measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
This metric evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching.
Connect to a compatible Garmin power meter (sold separately) to work toward a more efficient ride with help from cycling dynamics, FTP and advanced training methods.
WRIST-BASED HEART RATE
Get hassle-free heart rate data1, including advanced heart rate alerts and other features, to help you get the most out of your workouts.
When used with a compatible accessory2, Forerunner 745 measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance and more.
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to better track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
These free adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch.
CREATE MORE COURSES
Create courses in our Garmin Connect app3, so you’ll never run out of places to run. Or plan one on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner.
TRENDLINE POPULARITY ROUTING
Using the billions of miles of data that runners and riders have uploaded, Garmin Connect can find the best route — choosing from roads (and trails) most traveled.
PULSE OX SENSOR
This wrist-based sensor4 monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to provide a clearer picture of how you’re sleeping or how you’re adjusting to altitude.
BODY BATTERY ENERGY MONITORING
Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
Tracking your period cycle details can help you adjust your training to maximize improvement potential and plan for upcoming races based on where you are in your cycle.
MUSIC ON YOUR WRIST
Sync your playlists from select music streaming services5 — such as Deezer, Amazon Music and Spotify® — right to your watch. Forerunner 745 can store up to 500 songs.
Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES
If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features6 send your location to emergency contacts.
CONNECT IQ STORE
Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store7.
SYNC WITH GARMIN CONNECT
Upload your activities to the Garmin Connect app to interact with a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete — and even share their triumphs via social media.
Get up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music. Use UltraTrac mode to make sure you’ve got enough juice to outlast your longest race.
- Lens Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
- Bezel Material fiber-reinforced polymer
- Strap material silicone
- Physical size - 43.8 x 43.8 x 13.3 mm
- Color display
- Display size - 1.2" (30.4 mm) diameter
- Display resolution - 240 x 240 pixels
- Display type - sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Weight - 47 g
- Battery life - Smartwatch mode: Up to 7 days, GPS mode with music: Up to 6 hours, GPS mode without music: Up to 16 hours, UltraTrac mode: Up to 21 hours
- Water rating - 5 ATM
- Memory/History - 200 hours of activity data
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Wrist-based Heart Rate (constant, every second)
- Daily Resting Heart Rate
- Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts (high and low)
- Respiration rate (24x7)
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation (spot-check, and optional all-day acclimation and in sleep)
- Fitness Age (in app)
- Body Battery Energy Monitor
- All-day Stress Tracking
- Relaxation breathing timer
- Advanced sleep monitoring (sleep score & insights)
- Hydration (in Garmin Connect and optional Connect IQ widget)
- Menstrual Cycle (in Garmin Connect and optional Connect IQ widget)
- Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor
- Barometric altimeter
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Daily Smart Features
- Connectivity - Bluetooth®, ANT+®, Wi-Fi®
- Connect IQ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Smart notifications
- Text response/reject phone call with text (Android only)
- Controls smartphone music
- Plays and controls watch music
- Music Storage up to 500 songs
- Find My Phone
- Find My Watch
- VIRB® Remote
- Smartphone compatibility - iPhone® & Android
- Pairs with Garmin Connect Mobile
- Garmin Pay
Safety and Tracking Features
- Group LiveTrack
- Live Event Sharing Android Only
- Incident Detection during select activities
- Dual grid coordinates
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Calories burned
- Floors climbed
- Distance traveled
- Intensity minutes
- Move IQ
Gym & Fitness Equipment
- Available gym activity profiles - Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing, Pilates and Yoga
- Cardio workouts
- Strength workouts
- Yoga workouts
- Pilates workouts
- Automatic rep counting
Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- HR zones
- HR alerts
- HR calories
- % HR max
- % HRR
- Recovery time
- Auto max HR
- HRV stress test (measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level; the scale of this is 1 to 100; low scores indicate lower stress levels) (with compatible accessory)
- HR Broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+ to paired devices)
- Respiration rate (during exercise) (with compatible accessory)
- GPS speed and distance
- Customizable data pages
- Customizable activity profiles
- Auto Pause®
- Interval training
- Advanced workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap®
- Manual lap
- Configurable lap alerts
- Heat and altitude acclimation
- VO2 max
- Training Status (lets you see if you’re training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend.)
- Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC)
- Training load focus
- Training Effect
- Training Effect (anaerobic)
- Primary benefit (Training Effect labels)
- Custom alerts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Virtual Partner
- Race an Activity
- Auto multisport activities
- Manual multisport activities
- Course guidance
- Garmin Live Segments
- Strava Live Segments
- Round-trip course creator (running/cycling)
- Trendline Popularity Routing
- Touch and/or button lock
- Hot keys
- Auto scroll
- Activity history on watch
- Physio TrueUp
- Available run profiles Running, Treadmill Running, Indoor and Outdoor Track Running, Virtual Running, Trail Running
- GPS-based distance, time and pace
- Running dynamics (with compatible accessory)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the cost-benefit ratio with stride length) (with compatible accessory)
- Ground contact time and balance (shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry) (with compatible accessory)
- Stride length (real time) (with compatible accessory)
- Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute)
- Performance condition (after running 6–20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level)
- Lactate threshold (through analysis of your pace and heart rate, estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue) (with compatible accessory)
- PacePro Pacing Strategies
- Run workouts
- Race predictor
- Foot pod capable
- Available outdoor recreation profiles Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Backcountry Skiing, XC Classic and Skate Skiing, Stand up Paddleboarding, Kayaking, Rowing
- Point-to-point navigation
- Bread crumb trail in real time
- Back to start
- UltraTrac mode
- Elevation profile
- Distance to destination
- Barometric trend indicator with Storm Alert
- ClimbPro Ascent Planner
- Trail run auto climb
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent/descent
- Future elevation plot
- Preloaded topographical maps
- Downloadable cartography support
- Compatible with BaseCamp
- GPS coordinates
- Sight 'N Go
- Area calculation (via Connect IQ)
- Hunt/fish calendar (via Connect IQ)
- Projected waypoint
- Sun and moon information (via Connect IQ)
- XERO Locations
- Alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goals including time, distance, heart rate or calories)
- Cycle Map (routable cycling-specific street map)
- Available cycling profiles Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Trail Biking
- Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor)
- Race an activity
- FTP (Functional Threshold Power) (with compatible accessory)
- Compatible with Vector (power meter)
- Power meter compatible
- Advanced Vector support
- Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia lights
- Speed and cadence sensor support
- Available swim profiles Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swimrun
- Open-water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories)
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly) (pool swim only)
- Drill logging (pool swim only)
- Basic rest timer (up from 0) (pool swim only)
- "Repeat on" rest timer (pool swim only)
- Auto rest (pool swim only)
- Time and distance alerts
- Pacing alerts (pool swim only)
- Countdown start (pool swim only)
- Pool swim workouts
- Critical swim speed
- Underwater wrist-based heart rate
- Heart rate from external HRM (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim) (with HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim and HRM-Pro)
Kid Activity Tracking Features
- Toe-to-Toe Challenges (optional Connect IQ app)
- Forerunner 745
- USB cable
- 2 Year Warranty